I’ve been tracking my statistics around these parts, and the start of a month is a good time to review neurotically how unpopular I am, so, here we go. According to WordPress, the humor blog here had 396 page views in April 2014. That’s down from March’s 468, but it’s still the third-highest monthly total I have on record. There were a relatively meager 167 unique visitors, down from 199, but that means the views per visitor grew imperceptibly from 2.35 to 2.37. That’s also the third-highest views-per-visitor for a month that I have on record, so, that’s something.
312 of the viewers came from the United States this past month, with nine each from Canada and the United Kingdom, and lesser counts from other nations of the world. Sending me a single visitor each were Greece, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Romania, South Korea, Sovenia, and Spain. Pakistan’s the only repeat from last month. Nobody came here from Gambia, the Central African Republic, nor from Turks or Caicos.
The most popular posts this month were:
- Five Astounding Facts About Turbo, That Movie About A Snail in The Indianapolis 500, which really is going to outlast me. I had a friend run across it this month, while he was looking for facts about Turbo for some reason, and he was delighted to find he knew the author.
- The Record Offensive, helped into popularity, I think, because of its captivating central image of parachuted record players and also of the good-quality comments.
- Bunny Snacking, which had some strong appeal to the bunny community, I believe.
- Statistics Saturday: Country Populations Versus What I Thought, which I’m guessing got a lot of people who thought there was actual geography at work in there.
- Quarks of nature, a rare reblogging for me of A Labor Of Like’s writing.
- How To Write Out Numbers, which I dearly hope is being used as someone’s writing guide, but I know isn’t.
Terms that have brought viewers to my blog this past month have included, besides the abundance of Turbo search terms:
- https://nebushumor.wordpress.com/2014/03/17/the-chuckletrousers-decades/ (must be Dave Barry fans in the audience)
- algebra comics april 2014 (good luck)
- nobody ever died for dear old rutgers (they didn’t, either)
- trans dimensional travel (good luck, again)