- North Dakota in the year 1822.
- It has none.
- The square root of two raised to the square root of two power.
- Cuckoo clocks.
- Offenbach’s The Tales of Hoffmann.
- The Hartford Whalers.
- SS Ideal-X.
- The pathetic fallacy.
- Saw the board into two halves; combine the two halves to make a whole, and then climb out through the [w]hole.
- 95 percent.
- Dormer windows.
- Walk The Moon.
- James Irwin.
- Doyenne, D-o-y-e-n-n-e. Doyenne.
- Had you considered the village barber might be a woman?
Another Blog, Meanwhile Index
The index dropped three points today, owing to traders getting all sulky when I told them that while I appreciated their idea about an imaginary HGTV show talled Tiny McMansions, there was no way I could build that up to one of my big-size weekly essays and I wasn’t going to try. Lisa went off fuming and saying she was going to put together a pilot episode.