- Roctober. Once more, you’d think self-explanatory: we’re all great birds the size of an island. Gets crowded.
- Snacktober. So many potato sticks. Just soooo maaaaannnny.
- Jocktober. We all get to use our silliest fake French accent. (Should be Jacquestober.)
- Mawktober. The month where we most don’t respond to emotional manipulation.
- Voxtober. The voice of the month!
- Brachtober. Finally we get to enjoy some hard candies.
- Oc-tube-er. The month when you finally finish that project with all the cathode-ray-tube television sets.
- Oc-tube-er. The rival month when you finally finish that project with all the potatoes.
- Sticktober. Our month for appreciating adhesives of all kind. May last through the 5th of November if the drop cloth doesn’t work.
- Stacktober. A chance to put things on top of many other things.
- Barktober. We ensconce ourselves in a pleasant, cozy skin of growing wood.
- Tictactober. We’re not getting out until we’ve played all the tic-tac-toe.
Reference: Gilded City: Scandal and Sensation In Turn-Of-The-Century New York, M H Dunlop.
2 thoughts on “Statistics Saturday: Some More Promotions For The Coming Month”
Why do I get the feeling the Fleischers just invented “Transformers”?
Bimbo is pretty much a Proto-Grampy in this one.
They kind of did! Although I wonder about other early cartoons with robots.
You’re right in identifying this Bimbo as a proto-Grampy. It’s a shame they didn’t keep this in his characterization; it could’ve given him some good scenes setting up ways to rescue Betty Boop. Maybe made the character last longer.