- Ben Templeton and Tom Forman’s Motley’s Crew
- Mort Walker’s Beetle Bailey
- Pat Sullivan and Otto Messmer’s Felix the Cat
- Bill Griffith’s Zippy the Pinhead
- Grim Natwick and Max Fleischer et al’s Betty Boop
- Gary Larson’s The Far Side
- Harold Gray’s Little Orphan Annie
- Brant Parker and Johnny Hart’s The Wizard of Id (with David Zucker and Jerry Zucker of Airplane! directing)
Not listed: that time Ralph Bakshi thought he was making a primetime TV cartoon version of Blade Runner.
Also not mentioned: that Tintin project because I don’t think Tintin was ever a comic strip and, like, Betty Boop had a short-lived comic even if it wasn’t good.
Also, coming back to the mentioned: Motley’s Crew? Really? Huh. I mean, I guess that’s a comic strip that existed all right, but … Really. Huh. I mean … huh. You’re passing on Bill Schorr’s The Grizzwells for this, then.
Reference: Nathaniel’s Nutmeg: How One Man’s Courage Changed The Course of History, Giles Milton.