Thank you for agreeing to participate in our user survey. You be the user part. By doing so you get the chance to win up to five thousand dollars in slightly worn gift cards. It should be noted that, according to a free-market hypothesis-endorsing economist who broke into our offices and is holding a sharpened blackboard pointy stick with the rubber tip shaved off at us, if it were actually possible to win a big cash prize in this survey someone would have already won it before you did. We have no explanation for this phenomenon.
- How would you rate your customer experience with us?
- I would use a scale of one to ten.
- I would use a scale of one to five.
- I would use a Pareto chart if these actually existed and were not attempts to cover up having heard the words “parrot chart” incorrectly, possibly as part of song lyrics.
- I would use a series of allusions and metaphors.
- Maybe hand puppets?
- I would use a simple thumb-up/thumb-down.
- I am not so judgemental as that and if you were sensible you would not be either.
- Open-ended Richter scale or bust.
Which parts of routine maintenance have you performed on or against your product to date?
- I have meant to clean it after every use. And have done so exactly once. While doing so I lost the cloth rag to go along with it.
- I have dusted it once when company was coming over, and then another time when I thought I would get everything under control by putting in ten minutes every day to dusting, only to learn later on that “dusting” traditionally means “removing dust”.
- On four separate occasions I have hit it on the side, and only on the third was this followed by the sound of plastic shards slipping off and falling deep into the interior.
- The product was a vending machine ice cream cone.
- While the product was a vending machine ice cream cone I found it needed to be rebooted from a recovery flash drive, and then I had to spend twenty minutes downloading updates. The ice cream was a gelatinous goo. This is not to say it was bad.
How do you indicate that you should not presently be taken seriously?
- I have heard of your Earth concept of “serious” and it fascinates me. Tell me more.
- I have spoken of “sheeple”.
- I say things like “I have heard of your Earth concept of “serious” and it fascinates me. Tell me more.”
- I have never been not taken seriously except by accident when I meant it, and good luck figuring that out.
- Have you taken a good look at me, ever?
- I bring every conversation around to how there is a Big Brown Bat, and it is one of of the microbats. I mean the American Big Brown Bat, not the Asian Big Brown Bat, which I don’t know whether is a microbat or not but is smaller than the Big Brown Bat that is a microbat. I can come in again.
Which body parts has your use of our product lead you to conclude are funny to mention?
- Inguinal ligament.
- Monoclonal antibodies.
- h3 tags.
- Pelvic brim.
- Hipster’s metatarsals.
- Galloping protease.
What logical fallacies have you developed while using this product?
- I’ve used “affirming the consequence” with a side of “continuum fallacy”.
- I remind people anytime any study anywhere finds a link between two things that “correlation does not imply causation”, and therefore do not connect this habit to how people don’t talk with me anymore.
- I never use fallacies, but I do stand off to the side waiting for people to say they are “begging the question” when they mean to invite a question, which has nothing to do with how people only talk in a resigned, exhausted voice around me anymore.
- I want to say “modus ponens”, which I’m not sure is a logical fallacy, but which is a lot of fun to say and has few applications, unless you are discussing logic or are poorly translating it into “The Mode Of Ponies” to get people talking to you about that.
- I am still working through a 24-pack of logical fallacies picked up in the past, and have not even opened up the box of quantificational fallacies in the pantry.
Thank you for your valued contributions to whatever it is we are really up to, which you do not really want to think about. Contest winners should they exist will be notified. Send help, the economist won’t leave.