“Length” is here taken to be longitudinal, east-west, distance; “Width” that to be latitudinal, north-south, distance. “Height” is that normal thing.
The dimensions of Rhode Island as measured by an (American) football field, with the long dimension (120 yards) running east-to-west:
The dimensions of Rhode Island as measured by an (American) football field, with the long dimension (120 yards) running north-to-south:
- Yes, I’m including Block Island.
- I’m including the end zones.
- Football field artificial grass is apparently 5 cm tall, so I’m supposing that to be the standard height of the grass on the field.
- Only land points of Rhode Island are being included, thus, the westernmost extent is at Napatree Point.
- If there’s any part of Rhode Island that’s below sea level I don’t know it.